Mental health resources
Helplines and forums for emotional support
Samaritans for emotional support (open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year) by freephone on 116 123, or reach the Oxford Samaritans on 01865 722 122.
• 24/7 Mental Health hotline for Oxfordshire designed to take pressure off 111, this round-the-clock helpline will make it quicker and easier for people in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire to get the right advice they need for their mental health. Please call (Adults) 01865 904 997 or (Children and young people) 01865 904 998.
• CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) for men in the UK who need to talk or find information and support. Call 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight, 365 days a year).
• Elefriends for a supportive online community, a safe place to listen, share and be heard.
Advice and help for looking after yourself and your family
Practical advice for mental health during isolation
NHS: Every Mind Matters
Advie and practical tips. Build a presonalised mind plan
Oxford Parent Infant Project
Taking care of yourself and your baby or toddler at this time
Education Endowment Foundation Video
Fun video to help you and your child establish a daily routine
ELSA: Children's Social and Emotional Support
Fun & engaging resources to support your child's wellbeing at this time
Mind and Soul Foundation
Bridging the gap between mental health and Christian sprituality
CWMT: Working from home
Working from home: Wellbeing action pack
The Huge Bag of Worries
Youtube story: a funny and reassuring look at dealing with worries and anxiety
Counselling and Therapy
OTS: Oxford Therapy & Counselling Centre
OTS are offering:
* Free on-line support groups for people in the Oxfordshire community
* Free on-line training for local practitioners
* On-line 'assessment and referral' & counselling and psychotherapy
* A list of resources for both the public and practitioners.
Money and Benefits
Practical advice about how to get support as well as ideas of things to keep you entertained, like our wonderful online library!
Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire
Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire are reducing all their face to face services to essential only. They have suspended their Benefits in Practice services at Broadshires and Wychwood and are redirecting clients to the Adviceline number 0300 330 9049 or the Help to Claim number 0800 144 8 444. Online help can be found at www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Oxfordshire Specialist Advice Service for people eligible for social care support is still giving telephone advice and support on 01865 410660.
Cottsway tenants can still contact Cottsway via their dedicated helpline for money advice 0300 303 8618 or at email@example.com Greensquare tenants in West Oxfordshire and Cherwell can contact Cottsway via firstname.lastname@example.org