St Mary’s Pentecost Family Worship Video
So how is this going to work?
The song we’re using is ‘Blessed be Your name (in the land that is plentiful)’. The worship team will make a recording of it to use as the soundtrack for our video. But the visuals will be all about you! We’ll put together all the videos and photos you send us to make something that will help remind us that we are still family together even in these difficult times.
If you’re struggling to visualise how this might all come together, you could have a look on YouTube at a similar video another church has made:
https://youtu.be/SUkcORy6rpw (Many thanks to Yvonne for sharing that with us)
I want to contribute – what should I do?
Just record yourself/your family/your household doing something, and send it in! Videos would be great, but if photos are easier then go with that.
If it ties in with the song in some way then that’s great. If it doesn’t, that’s still great! We just want to get as many of you in this as possible.
Some things you could possibly do:
- Video yourself singing or playing along to the song (again, singing ability or musicality don’t matter in the slightest). Doesn’t have to be the whole song, just a section is fine. There’s a good version to sing along to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw4H5t3TwHM
- Print out some of the lyrics and get creative about showing them in time to the music
- Show us your best dance moves
- Paint/draw/craft some of the lyrics or a theme from the song and show us your work on camera
- Act out something in the song – get creative with fancy dress/costumes
- Anything else you can think of – be as imaginative as you like
OK – we’ve recorded our bit. Now what?
So now we need to get your videos/photos to me (Chris).
- You can send the files to me through Dropbox via this page: https://www.dropbox.com/request/9c6sqFPUU6QjtTjmFqby You don’t need a Dropbox account to use the link and no one else can see the files you send to me this way
- Photos or very short video clips should be ok to send as an email attachment – email@example.com
- If you use a cloud storage service (Dropbox, Google drive, OneDrive etc) you could put your files there and send me a sharing link
- If you’re having problems then drop me a line – firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll figure out a way to make it work
Looking forward to seeing you!