Team Minister (House for Duty)
Would you like to join our large and dynamic staff team?
Are you energised by pastoral ministry and Small Groups?
If so, we’re a growing church with a big heart and we’re now seeking a clergy colleague to oversee and develop those aspects of our church life. Your main focus would be on St Mary’s Chipping Norton, but the Benefice consists of eight churches around our beautiful market town within the Cotswolds AONB (www.cotswolds.info/places/chipping-norton.shtml).
We are looking for someone who can:
· Look creatively at our approach to pastoral care for our church family and help us to strengthen how, together, we live in God’s love;
· Support and nurture our existing mid-week Small Groups, guiding them into continued growth;
· Envision, equip and expand our team of pastoral visitors;
· Share with the existing clergy team in leading and preaching around the Benefice.
What we can offer:
· The excitement and joy of a lively church family, which is both biblically-led and strengthened by the Holy Spirit as we live out God’s love, engaging deeply with the needs of our community (thebranchtrust.org);
· The encouragement and fun of being part of a committed, active and mutually-supportive staff team;
· A well-appointed vicarage with four bedrooms and good local Primary and Secondary schools nearby.
For an informal discussion, please contact James Kennedy (Team Rector) on 01608 642688 or email him.
Click here to download the parish profile, and to apply via the Church of England 'Pathways' site, please click here. Further information about the Diocese is available at www.oxford.anglican.org/
Closing date: 30 April 2023
Interviews: 31 May 2023
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required